Saturday 28 September 2013

A Day in the Life

Hello everyone!
Today I decided to share a day in the life of me with you all through pictures!
I took a picture each hour all day of something I did or somewhere I was.

Welcome to a day in my life.
7:00 am
I had my breakfast with some Blueberry White Tea from good ole Tim Hortons!










8:00 am It was really cold during our outdoor morning safety meeting so I made my dad take me to get hot chocolate to warm me up! *Please note my patriotism and Canadianism drinking so much from Tim Horton's!













9:00 am My father and I drove the truck up a steep hill into a whole bunch of bushes to be used a camouflage so we could scare one of the crews he is in charge of. This was our hiding spot. Also in case you were wondering the plan didn't work so well, seeing as we had to back up to the trail and he forgot we have a reverse alarm that beeps loudly.






10:00 am
I got hungry and ate this smilie cookie (yet again form timmy's)















11:00 am
I had to do some land surveying. Werkin real hard. Carrying around GPS. I have rather nice PPE.














12:00 pm
I caught a cool garter snake that was chilling on the road. Didn't even get bit this time!














1:00 pm
We walked four kilometers to use our GPS but it didn't work, so we had to walk the never-ending walk back to the truck. And by never-ending, I actually mean four kilometers that we had just walked so it felt never-ending.













2:00 pm
This is my sandwich, I was really hungry after walking a whole bunch.














3:00 pm
This is where we sat in a parked truck while my dad had businessy phone calls and I had a nap.














4:00 pm
Finally on my way home from work!











5:00 pm
I had to unload the equipment out of the truck. We have lots of cool stuff in there.















This song has basically been on repeat all night and will count from 6-9 pm.

















Well that is an exciting life in the day of Kim! Also, a word of advice for anyone picking up wild snakes; make sure to grab them as close to the head as possible or they WILL turn their head around and bite you. trust me.
I hope you're all having good weekends, sadly I work 24 days straight and don't get them off much! What did you guys do to celebrate the last Septober weekend? Comment below and let me know!










No comments:

Post a Comment